Kenwood Country Club, an Emerald status and Distinguished private country club, is seeking an enthusiastic Irrigation Technician to join their team. Kenwood Country Club, one of the top family clubs in Ohio, and is the only Club in the Cincinnati market with 2, 18-hole courses. We have a very active golf membership with over 31,000 rounds played at Kenwood annually which keeps our golf operations team and golf pro shop busy. The club has a total of 925 memberships and remains on a waitlist of approximately one year for social and two years for golf. The club is in a strong financial position and continues to reinvest in itself.
Reports to Golf Course Superintendent and Director of Grounds and Golf Course Operations
SUCCESS TRAITS OF INDIVIDUAL:
- Positive attitude and responsible by nature while exuding a friendly demeanor with a willingness to exceed member expectations.
- Collaborative team player who can work well alongside a diverse turf team.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Willing to take on new challenges and open to learning skills that may fall outside the normal turf-grass spectrum.
- Heavily involved in golf course construction projects.
INITIAL PRIORITIES OF POSITION:
- Learn the culture, operations, and daily practices to ensure optimal golf course conditions and member experiences.
- The assistant superintendent will work with the Superintendent to schedule and run the crew on a daily basis.
- Help schedule irrigation and hand water cool-season grass surfaces.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, APTITUDES, AND OTHER TRAITS:
- Assist in managing and maintaining golf course properties including golf course, clubhouse grounds and landscaping, open spaces, and equipment used to maintain these areas.
- Assists the Superintendent with planning and implementing budget and operating plans.
- Assisting with hiring, training, and supervising staff.
- Responsibilities also include applying relevant landscaping, and horticultural principles to assure that quality standards are consistently achieved and/or exceeded.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Hourly position - $20 plus dependent on experience
- PTO Accrual & Holiday Pay, Medical/Dental/Vision, 401kSavings
- Complimentary meals.
- Employee appreciation events.
- Golfing privileges
- Two-year Turfgrass maintenance degree preferred.
- Golf Course supervisory experience preferred.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
ABOUT KENWOOD COUNTRY CLUB:
Kenwood Country Club proudly boasts two original William Diddel-designed golf courses of exceptional quality. The two Championship 18-hole golf courses provide a timeless setting where members can enjoy a great game of golf on two of Cincinnati’s finest courses. The facility also includes a practice range, two practice putting greens, and a short game practice area.
The Kendale Course, par 72, is a traditional design with tree-lined fairways, strategically placed bunkers, and fast, undulating greens. Kendale is a great gem, with 7 sets of tees and one combo set, ranging from 7,142-4,247 yards, which accommodates all skill sets of golfers and challenges the best of shot-makers. The rolling hills course offers an abundance of sand and water, promising an exciting game each time you play. A $5M renovation has just been completed to revive this course to its original glory, following three years of preparation and master planning. Kenwood’s Kendale Course hosted the U.S. Amateur in 1933, the 1954 Western Open, and the 1963 U.S. Women’s Open.
The Kenview Course is a par 70 with 6,415 yards of challenging diversity and is a great compliment to the Kendale Course. You don’t have to be a long hitter to score well on the Kenview Course, but accuracy is rewarded. The rolling greens are very challenging and will test anyone’s short game. You’ll certainly remember the Kenview Course for its challenge and beautiful vistas.